Last week I challenged myself to remember those often forgotten recyclables. For me, it's TP rolls from the bathroom. As I usually get up early on Saturday mornings and spend about 2 hours cleaning up the house, Saturday is a good day for me to grab the empty TP rolls from the bathroom. Someone on Facebook noted that they have a small recycling receptacle in their bathroom that helps them to not toss recyclable items in the trash bin. I think this is an excellent suggestion for families or households with 3+ people. For me, with just two in my household, I don't really have enough use for a separate receptacle.
In honor of World Ocean's Day, which also falls on this day, June 8th, 2013. I want to share with you a poster I made to hang on the wall at my work. I made it i the hopes that it would make people STOP and THINK about before they mindlessly throw their "waste" in the trash. Even though I still sometimes have to pull recyclables out of the trash, I know I have reached most people and the sign is making a difference. Feel free to print it out and use it at your workplace or home.
Download it here from google drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwkoWu_mlk7aNDVpUV9WZFZ5Vms/edit?usp=sharing
Or this image speaks 1000 words:
So what new things are you trying to reduce, reuse, or recycle? You should know the drill by now....
- Tell us in the comments section of this blog below
- Tell us on the RMOG Facebook Page
- Post a picture on Facebook and tag @"The Real Meaning of GREEN"
- Tell us on the Muse in Purple Blog
- And be sure to log into Rafflecopter here for super easy bonus point. Get 10 points each for following the blogs and RMOG Facebook page and 1 point per day for tweeting about the challenge #btcecochallenge
Everything you do makes an impact. BE THE CHANGE!
~Kristin & Kelsey